Walk in the gardens and learn about the medicinal plants with stories and anecdotes about the herbs and flowers with our botanists while you enjoy the incredible view of the San Jose valley with the birds and butterflies that reside in this beautiful refuge, or go at your own pace, read the signs and relax on the benches placed throughout the gardens, enjoy your own private walk in the relaxed manner of the Costa Rican lifestyle with only a site map as your guide.
Plants are marked with symbols signifying their uses, such as medicinal, colorants, food, poisonous, culinary, crafts, ornamental, wood, or oil extraction. A walk through our botanical gardens is educational and a delight for the senses.
Monday – Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Guided Botanical Garden Tour
- A Guided tour for Non-Nationals in groups under 10 people is $45.00 per person.
- A Guided Tour for Non-Nationals in groups over 10 people is $25 per person.
- A Guided tour for Nationals in groups under 10 people is $35.00 per person.
- A Guided Tour for Nationals in groups over 10 people $20.00 per person.
- Tours are 2 hours.
- General entrance for Students is $6.00.
- General entrance for Non-Nationals under 10 people is $10 per person.
- General entrance for Non-Nationals over 10 people is $8.00 per perso.
- General entrance for Nationals in groups under 10 people $8.00 per person.
- General entrance for Nationals in groups over 10 people is $6.00 per person.
So you can live a pleasant experience we recommend you bring:
- Cool and comfortable clothes.
- Sun block.
- Bottle with water.
- Cap or visor if it is dry season.
- Poncho or umbrella if it is wet season.
- Comfortable and closed shoes.